I have been away from my blog for too long. A lot has happened. We had a son, Chase Patrick. He was born on 8/23/10. He has been a blast. I never thought I would enjoy him so much. In January I took a major pay cut. This has caused a major delay in preparing our new boat for sailing. Still trying to do a little at a time. Working on rewiring the mast right now. Putting all new PVC and wiring in the mast. leaving plenty of extra wires for additional equipment. We also started a business this year. Good thing we did, Jodie lost her job in June. The business is a resume writing service. You can visit us at KDM Resume Writing Services.
The economy is getting even worse if that is possible. Because of that we are preparing to move out of the country in order to try and start over. There are too many politics in this country. I love this country but the politicians are going to run it into the ground. Our ultimate goal is still to move onto a boat, but plan B is to move to Belize or Costa Rica. Costa Rica is preferred because it is a little more developed and has an advanced health care system.
Our time frame for being on a boat is basically before Chase has to start school. We do not want him to have to go to a public school. Our plan is to home school him on the boat. I have read many blogs and articles about families living aboard and home schooling and it sounds like it can be quite successful and it eliminates the baggage that comes with going to a public school.
So the fresh start is that we have started resume writing service. We received our first order on August 22, 2011. It was very exciting . It was only $79 but it was our first customer from our own efforts. We are hoping that this is the type of business that will allow us to be mobile. It is all Internet based so hopefully that's what it allows us to do. We will look to start another Internet based business as soon as this has a bit more momentum.
So that is a very brief update on what has been going on. Hopefully I will keep this more up to date.
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Fresh Start
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment